Little bit about him:-
- Born November 14, 1971(born in Amritsar, India to Davinder and Bindu Khanna).
- He was born with misaligned feet and wasn’t able to run until he was 13.
- Graduated from the Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration from Manipal in 1991.
- Studied at Cornell University, Culinary Institute of America, and New York University.
- an award winning Michelin starred Indian chef
- cookbook writer
- the judge of MasterChef India Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and Masterchef Junior based in New York City
- Sexiest Men Alive in 2011, People magazine named him (referred to him as “The Hottest Chef of America”)
- inspired by his grandmother who loved to cook, and her kitchen became a part of his foundational training
- developing recipes at a very young age
- opened Lawrence Gardens Banquets to host weddings and family functions when he was 17.
List of Restaurants and film series done by him:-
Holy Kitchens(film series);
- explores the food sharing traditions in a spiritual context
- The first film in the series True Business
- based on the Sikh community kitchens, known as Langars
Other films in the Holy Kitchens series are based upon the food traditions of:
- Karma to Nirvana,the second installment in the Holy Kitchens documentary series premiered at the New York Indian Film Festival in the US, on May 7, 2011
- In March 2012, “Moon of Eid” the third film in the Holy Kitchens Series was released at Harvard University
- Started on Dec 2nd, 2010.
- In Flatiron district of Manhattan, New York.
- On March 29, 2011,Junoon received a favourable review from Sam Sifton in The New York Times.
- Awarded a Michelin star by the Michelin Guide for 6 consecutive years since 2011.
Vikas Khanna | Foodxpert Journal